Michael Irvin pulled off NFL Super Bowl coverage after woman’s complaint

Pro Football Hall of Famer Michael Irvin will not be a part of the NFL Network’s coverage from Super Bowl 57 in Arizona after he was sent home following a woman’s complaint about Irvin’s conduct on Sunday. 

NFL Media confirmed that Irvin ‘will not a part of NFL Network’s Super Bowl LVII week coverage,’ but didn’t provide further details. 

“Honestly, I’m a bit baffled with it all,” Irvin said to the newspaper. “This all happened in a 45-second conversation in the lobby. When I got back after going out … I came into the lobby, and I talked to somebody. I talked to this girl. I don’t know her, and I talked to her for about 45 seconds.

“We shook hands. Then, I left. … That’s all I know.”

Super Bowl Central: Super Bowl 57 odds, Eagles-Chiefs matchups, stats and more

Irvin said he was drinking and didn’t recall any other details. 

“I don’t really recall that conversation, to tell you the truth,” Irvin said. “We were out drinking. It was just a friendly conversation. ‘What’s up?’ I don’t even know. … I am totally perplexed. That’s honestly all that happened. Nobody was in my room. It was a 45-second conversation in the lobby, a handshake and we left. … I don’t know. I don’t know what this is, and it’s running me crazy.”

Irvin has been making the rounds telling his side of the story, also speaking with “Shan & RJ” on 105.3 the Fan in Dallas about what happened.

He said he was asked to move hotels after the incident. 

“They said, ‘Well, last night you walked in, you talked to somebody.’ I said, ‘I didn’t talk to anybody, I went straight to the room,” Irvin told the radio station. ‘And then they showed it on camera that I did talk to somebody. I talked to this girl for about a minute… But that’s why they moved me, because I guess the girl said I said something to her within that minute that we talked, and so they moved me.”

Irvin was at Super Bowl Opening Night on Monday, conducting interviews for NFL Network.

A Glendale (Ariz.) Police spokesperson told the Dallas Morning News the department was unaware of any incident involving Irvin.

This post appeared first on USA TODAY